Nature is fast and she is fierce!
Evacuations are happening quickly where needed, we have crews all over the RDCK watching creeks and rivers. As residents, you are participants in ensuring we all stay safe.
I ask each of you to ensure you have read the information below and are familiar with what is important for your household to stay safe.
Here are all of the important links:
1. Have your grab and go bag ready. For what should be in it, see here:
2. You observe creek/river behavior that is concerning or witness flooding, call this number ASAP:
3. To be notified if you are moved from evacuation ALERT to ORDER, several options:
– sign up for alerts here:
– follow this page here: https://rdck.ca/…/emer…/evacuation-order-and-alert-page.html
– there is door to door notification, can be from local fire dept, search and rescue or RCMP- pay attention to who may be at your door
You can reach me via email or text, noting i still do not have internet but am doing my best with my phone access.
Aimee Watson, Area D Director
250-304-5842 (email is best as I am on my phone for emergency updates and may not be able to answer)